Thursday, August 20, 2009

completely bored!

So... I'm sitting at work doing nothing because everyone has run out of work to do. So... not quite sure what to do.

ANYWHO... let's see. I got stung in the neck by a bee yesterday. I didn't even know it was there. A woman sitting behind me on the bus tapped my shoulder to tell me and as I turned my head it stung me. I swiped at my neck to get rid of it and never saw it. I have no idea where the thing went, but I was paranoid the whole ride home... constantly checking my shirt and my hair and my purse for signs of this phantom bee, but to no avail. I don't know if it was already on the bus or if I happened to somehow carry it in with me. But still, for me to not know that a bee was sitting on my neck... that's a rarity. I must have been really out of it. The whole left side of my face and jaw swelled up and I looked like something resembling Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was awful. Thankfully, there was no stinger to remove since it was a wasp and they don't die after they sting, and after a couple of hours with an ice pack, antihistamines and anti-itch cream, my face looks normal today. There's still a bit of swelling around the sting area but it's almost gone.

I guess the one thing that really helped boost my spirits after that crap was heading to my dad's to hang out with my brother for a while. I played Wii Music for the first time and I swear I have NEVER had that much fun with a video game in my life. The game is a complete riot! By the end of our little jam session, I was on the floor in tears from laughter. At first, we attempted to do an easy song, so we did the Legend of Zelda theme song. My character played the marching snare drum, while my brother had two of himself on screen, one "singing", and the other playing alto saxophone. It was okay, the controller was really sensitive though, and kept picking up drumbeats when I wasn't moving my hands. At the end of the song, I finished it off with my signature "gotta do it" solo, just for giggles.

Then, we moved onto a song that I thought would be hilarious. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". And dear Lord and Lady, we made it our own. We started off with normal stuff, my character on rock drums, my brother doing the "singing". Then, we decided to add more stuff to it. So, I picked bass, and my brother picked the guitar. We went through the song again. Then we realized, we need at least two more instruments to make the song sound awesome. I picked out the tambourine. My brother, bless his goofy-ness, decided to have his character play the mouth harp. The song started, I started "playing" the tambourine, then my brother kicked in with the mouth harp, and I lost it. Just the sound of "boing, boing, boing" through the entire song almost had me wet myself with laughter. We finished the final mix of the song just as my parents came through the door, so of course, we had to playback the "music video" for them. There were many more tears of laughter shed. What made it even more funny is that when it came time to create an album cover for the song, my brother is a fricken genius. He took one of his characters and stood him leaning to the left on one side of the box. He took one of my characters and stood her leaning to the right. Then, he took a picture of one of the "backup" band people, called a Tute (this one happened to be playing the sax), zoomed in on his face, and made it so big that you could only see the top of my head and the top of my brother's head peeking out from behind it. I cried even harder and looked like a complete insane mess when all was said and done. Needless to say, I left the house in a GREAT mood, swollen neck and all.

So, it goes without saying that I MUST GET THIS GAME! I haven't even played on our Wii in so long, due to the fact that I'm working full time and when I get home, I'm even too tired to clean because at that point, I'm awake for well over 12 hours, and I'm not sleeping well anyway because of my sinuses... making me snore like a beast lol. But if I got this game, I swear that I will be up until midnight every night playing that game and laughing so hard that the other people in the building will think I've completely lost my mind.

No comments: