Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ugh... I can never remember to do ANYTHING!

So, as you can probably guess by the post title, bento didn't happen this weekend. My cousin and her daughter came over earlier than expected and I didn't have time. So I ended up just giving the girls both a plate of chicken nuggets and potato smiles. While I was at Wal-Mart though, I found something that is basically a bento box. It's the EZ-Freeze StayFit lunchbox. It has three sectioned compartments, two small, one large, and has a huge freeze pack that is set inside the lid. Unfortunately, it can't be removed, so in order to keep the food inside fresh and cold, you need to freeze the entire lid. What also sucks with that is that it's so bulky, you have to make sure your food is something that can be easily flattened. I tried to put half an ear of corn in my box today, no luck.


Anyway... some pics.




This is the box itself. It's a decent size. It seals pretty much airtight and there are two tabs on each end to clip the box shut.







The top part opens up to hold utensils, or anything else that is small enough to fit. If i get used to this box, I may store pocky in it ^_^




And tada, my actual lunch. Just a small baked potato, some sliced mesquite chicken, and homemade tri-color rotini pasta salad with ham and cucumber slices. From this shot you can also see how big and ridiculous the freezer pack is. I've tried to remove it, but I doubt I'll be able to. So now, I have to take out my potato to reheat it, and I'll probably just toss the chicken in with my pasta and eat it cold. Not the most glamorous of lunch boxes, but it does its job.
And yes, that is a pack of cigs up in the corner there.

No comments: