Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ok, so...

I am officially convinced at this point that I will never be able to make daily bento for everyone unless I am a stay-at-home mom (or a work-from-home mom). I don't have time to do it with how busy I am every day. I wake up early so I can take a shower and just take my time getting ready to go. I'm out the door to catch the bus by 6:40am or shortly after. On the bus by 7:00 or shortly after. I get to work around 7:15 or so, make my breakfast, and start my shift at 8:00. My day finishes at 4:00, and I wait around until 4:25 until the bus comes to take me home. I get back in the door around 5:00, go collapse on my bed and then debate with my husband for an hour as to what we're going to have for dinner (pre-planning never works for us...). We make dinner for our daughter and feed it to her, then usually play with her for an hour while dinner is cooking. She gets a bath, gets into her PJs, gets her vitamin and a bottle of water and goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00pm. After she's in bed, my husband and I eat dinner, clean up our dishes and any garbage that accumulated during cooking, play on our laptops for a while, then I go to sleep around 10:30. This is my routine EVERY DAY.

However, I had the day off yesterday due to it being a state holiday. I got so much done around the house that it was amazing. Vacuuming, two loads of dishes in the dishwasher, folded three baskets of clean clothes, collected all the dirty clothes from the floor (and under hubby's side of the bed. 2 week old dirty socks, GAG), changed the sheets in my daughters' crib, collected all of the garbage and empty cardboard boxes we had in the living room and put them neatly by the door to be taken out later, and then on top of all that, managed to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, get a pot of homemade sauce simmered for dinner, boiled pasta, steamed some broccoli, baked a batch of garlic bread, baked the pasta and sauce in the oven with some cheese on top, AND managed to get it all on the table before my husband got home with our daughter, and also had her dinner ready for her to eat on her high chair tray along with a cup of cold apple juice.

Yes, I didn't get everything done that I had wanted to, but at least now we have room to walk in the living room and two spots to sit on the couch instead of one!

So, that being said, if I was a stay-at-home mom like I want to be, I'd be able to get the house clean and keep it clean just with a little work every day, and also be able to cook up some rice and put together bento lunches! Well, hopefully once my hubby is done with trade school, he will have an awesome job (and we'll hopefully also have a bigger place to live) and I'll be able to afford to stay home during the day and be a nice little housewife ^_^.

2 comments:

Pigs Do Fly said...

Wow, busy days! It puts things in perspective for me; I felt busy and overwhelmed last week, but its nothing like that!

I am fortunate to be a stay at home mom. And you've motivated me to be a little better at keeping the home nice ;)

Megan said...

aw, well glad to help :). it's very tough to keep up with things. i realize it's been over a year since i posted this but things are essentially the same. it's just we have a much bigger place now lol